Tuesday, September 15, 2009

9 in action

You've all seen 9 in jumping action before. He's still got that talent despite his growth. BUT! He's started something new recently.

9 plays fetch now. He will start playing with this Evil Blue Feather Toy (I've lost track of the number, so will now call this one and any future Evil Feather Toy by some descriptive name). After a few, he will bring it to me to toss and he fetches it. This started when he decided to play with the toy, which has a bell on it, at 6 a.m. one morning. I was still half asleep and just picked it up and threw it across the room. 9 gamely followed it and brought it back for me to toss again. Needless to day, I was enchanted and awake so we started playing this way. My dad has gotten into the game too.
9: Grrr! I'm the proud hunter. Do I not look dashing carrying my "kill" in my mouth?

8 comments:

  1. I also have a fetcher. Ripley will fetch over and over again until he is panting and I hid the ball and force him to relax. It's pretty funny to watch. And indeed, 9 does look dashing! What a tough guy, making that kill for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirby is learning to fetch. He will do it once or twice. I think that is a pawsome toy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable! 9 is certainly very athletic -- it's hard to get even one action shot of a kitty mid-jump, and you have several!!! He also appears to be very intelligent, playing fetch with you. He understands if he brings it back that the game is much more fun and keeps going.

    You really hit the jackpot with 9 (and Chani)!

    By the way, I wanted to suggest to you that it might be a good idea to use the Autolinks on the Cat Blogosphere page to let others know about your daily post. It all depends if you want more visitors or not. In case you don't know where it is, the link is:

    http://www.blog.catblogosphere.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. 9 that's great! I started playing fetch with our soft balls, but Chilli stopped this habit. You know, she always thunders through my game and ruins it. Sigh. Your faether toy looks just like the purrfect prey!
    Purrs, Siena

    ReplyDelete
  5. We bet that blue feather feels like a real birdie, doesn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats awesome! i love seeing kitties carrying toys in der mouths. so cute. great job 9 !!
    -US4 GATOS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marlene,
    I noticed another comment you left under Dante's Portraits. I don't really know what you mean about wanting prints of his pictures. You can enlarge the ones on my blog by clicking on them, and then print them off yourself. Or did you mean something else? I don't normally have any hard copies of my pictures -- they're all online. Thanks for being so interested in Dante, though. It's very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do look dashing, 9! Even more so than usual.

    ReplyDelete