Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fall/Autumn Pottery Sale


Hello! I hope everyone is having a great weekend. This is Shadow in the above picture. She's the studio cat of Blossom Hill Crafts, a pottery studio located in, appropriately enough, Los Gatos, CA. Shadow is about a year and a half old and came to BHC as a kitten, escaping a horrible winter rain storm. She thought it was better to stay inside where it's warm and dry instead of living life on the cold, wet streets.


Today, we had our annual Fall pottery sale and Shadow had to make her inspection, giving her seal of approval to all who were displaying their pottery.

Below, you can see my display. I've been a potter for about 12 years now, working at BHC since 2000 or so. I can't really remember, but it feels like BHC has been a part of my life for a very long time.

I won't be attaching any close up shots in this blog post because I'm starting up a new blog that is all about my pottery. As soon as I'm able to get that blog up and running, I'll link it here. (Site is now up... Spinning the Clay Fantastic. I'll also be customizing it as soon as the sale is over... custom domain name, format, you name it!)


These pictures were taken before the customers started to arrive. Fortunately, a few bowls, cups and pendants were sold by the end of the day. I hope more sell tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. The pots look great. I love it when a store/business adopts a cat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pottery colour.. That sweet pusscat is lovely.. Good luck with the sale..

    Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful addtion to the SanQ Designs line! Marlene, I wish I were as creative! And in a business where I could have my cat with me!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shadow is beautiful. You are very talented with pottery.
    I´ll come back to visit your new blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pottery! Is there some creative thing your mom can't do? She's pawsome!

    ReplyDelete