Thursday, May 21, 2009

Q

Some people have asked me to post some pictures of Q. I have to admit, that it's been really hard to even contemplate this.  Q was the love of my life.  A partner and a friend as well as a creature I nurtured, played with and even competed with (yes, I often lost to this feline love). Even now, I still cry over him and it's been 3 months exactly since I had to say goodbye.

Q was smart and sweet, loving and devilish.  I miss him so.

As time goes on, I'm sure I'll be able to scan some photos I took of him when he was a kitten and post them.  Yes, Q preceded the advent of digital cameras so most of my photos of him are real photographs, not digital images.

For now, here's one of my favorite shots of my beloved QQ. (no, that's not a typo, that was one of his nicknames)

Blessed be, my love.

6 comments:

  1. Marlene he was such a lovely mancat!!

    His colours and stripes look lovely. Sorry you miss him so - I do know what you mean though i miss my Sooty and everytime I goto my parents house I still look out for him :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable photo of Q! We love his milky white mouth. The way you describe him is wonderful. Purrs to Q!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was "Q tip" one of his nicknames? That's the first thing I thought of when I saw his white chest. He is beautiful. He will always hold a special place in your heart, and that's perfectly OK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Q-ball was actually the most common nickname I had for him, Patti. I don't think I ever called him, Q-tip, hehe. If he had a white tip on his tail, I might have, but he had the typical black stripey tail. I'll post full body pictures of him one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting this picture Marlene. They say our eyes are the windows to our souls and I think this is even more true for cats. Q had some beautifully soulful eyes. Both you and he were very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a beautiful picture of Q. He seems so lovely, and those eyes are just amazing. I know how difficult it is to lose a beloved furry friend...the love we have for them never goes away and they always have a special place in our hearts forever.

    ReplyDelete