Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The new addition, Popoki!


As some of you might remember, I originally brought Sheamus Popoki home as a potential kitty for my parents. At the time, my dad was just not ready to take in a cat. Well, that changed about a year and three months ago. 

Sheamus' foster mom, Jan, received a litter of kittens and one was a super smart ginger tabby boy. He was named Copper and was an escape artist. Jan immediately contacted me, sent me a photo which I showed my mom. Mom thought Copper adorable, but we had to make sure Dad was ready.

And so, the following weekend, we were all at Jan's meeting Copper. Copper was quite young and we were about the 4th or 5th humans he had met. He was more than a little freaked out. But calmed down after being wrapped in a towel and cuddled.


And receiving some food 


More cuddles



And kisses 


After we left Jan's, we went to lunch. Dad had already agreed to adopt Copper. Mom decided that Copper needed a Hawaiian name. After a pretty short discussion, Mom and Dad decided to rename Copper as Popoki or "cat" in Hawaiian.

The following weekend, Popoki was brought to Mom and Dad's and he has been enjoying life ever since.

He is a big eyed, loving boy who purrs, acts crazy and doesn't mind being dressed up.


Honestly, this is how I always look!

When my parents travel, Popoki becomes the new Orange Interloper. Sheamus happily plays with him. 9 tolerates Popoki. Chani can barely stand him haha. At any rate, welcome Popoki!






2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I'm so glad your parents adopted him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are too! Well, 2 of the four of us are haha. And my parents just love Popoki to bits and pieces

      Delete