Sunday, October 4, 2009

Happy 100th Post!

Hello everyone! It's our 100th post. I cannot tell you all how blessed I feel to have my beloveds, 9 and Chani, in my life. They have brought light to me in a way I never could have imagined.

Now, I hope in this blog, I have conveyed how much I love my pair of kitties. And I know that I've occasionally mentioned how much I loved dressing up Q and hoped to get 9 and Chani ready for Halloween. After all, I do try to limit how often during the year that I dress up my 'babies'. But sometimes, I just can't resist. Anywho...

First up is a photo of Q from 2006 as Batcat.

He was such a good kitty model for most of his life. There were only a few costumes where I got the "Death Look". Q was a pirate kitty in 2007. And by this time, he wasn't as cooperative as he was in the past, so I didn't dress him up in 2008.

Arrrr... Dey call me Dead-eye McQ and I'm leaving sumethin' "special" for ye in yuir bed!

Ok, now, onto 9 and Chani. When October hit, I went to Petco and bought 9 this devil hat. As I've mentioned, he's quite the naughty boy and the devil hat seemed to fit him very well. Here's Emma helping me with the photo shoot.

And then I saw Cori's post with her darling Albert in a jester hat. I had to get that for 9 since his original name was Joker AND because even though he's naughty, he just so entertaining! I asked her where to buy that hat and the answer was Target. Little did I know (or 9 or Chani) that there would be some great costumes for my kitties there!

First up... The Banana
My friend Emma was over and she said that the Banana made 9 look like a cone head. He was not a happy model and when I first put on the costume he walked away and then came straight back to me as if to say: Get this off of me! He sat still for a little bit for these photos.

This costume was a little too small for him, so I'll have to remember that for next year hehe.

Next up, the Jester hat which Albert made so famous.

9: A Jester's hat? Seriously? My name was Joker, not Jester! and I'm no Fool! Grrrrr

9: So not happy here

The colors look so good on him!

9: Get this $%^&$*! thing off of me!

Now you know that Chani needed to be dressed up too... Not sure about the need, but you know, both kitties have to be treated equally.

Chani: Ok, so the pumpkin outfit does work well with my coloring,
but honestly, how undiginified for a ladylike cat such as I


Chani: A chicken hat! What are you trying to say here, Mom???

Doesn't this picture of Chani as the Banana just scream out: Wendy! Make a LoL out of us!

Finally, Chani the Banana does her impression of Monorail Cat. Dear Emma took the photos of my kitties and me. So, thank you Emma!

Thank you all for reading our blog so far! Here's to the next 100 posts =^.^=

purrs and hugs,
Marlene, 9 and Chani

P.S. Yes, both kitties got lots of treats afterwards. 9 received double the amount as he was went first in the costume parade.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my a lot of costumes. I dont know how you got them to do it. I stayed still for about 5 seconds for my christmas photo last year. I loved all the photo's.. Happy 100 post and here'sto the next 100.. Hugs J xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! Your 100th post certainly made us smile on a rainy morning! The costumes are all fun! But that pirate outfit... wow!

    We look forward to many hundreds more posts!

    And #1 would like to say a special thanks to Marlene for her support on that anonymous comment, and the nice comments about Yuu-Chan. Yes, he is indeed kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

    Tommy, Tama-Chan, Sei-Chan and Yuu-Chan (we have a feeling we will chortly morph into "Tommy and The Chans!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my cod, the picture of Q as a pirate made mom snort out her coffee. Hilarious! Do you know The Casbah Kitten? They are two very sweet ladies and they will be doing a costume contest. You should submit some pics!
    Concats on the 100th post! We're glad to have read them all.
    Purrs, Siena & Chilli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the !00th post. cute costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Casbah Kitten is having a Halloween costume contest. You guys should enter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Siena, Chilli and Misha. We are definitely entering the Halloween costume contest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures! What little troopers they must have been. AWWWW...so freaking cute...

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol, i love cats in costumes!!

    my dash was also a banana this year. :D
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/weefaerie/4044702993/

    ReplyDelete