Sunday, August 12, 2012

Marlene's latest travels - Smithsonian National Zoo

The Sunday after my cousin's wedding, my other cousins, friend and I went to the Smithsonian National Zoo. It's free and it's amazing. I haven't been there in over 30 years and the thrill of seeing all these animals is still there.

I remember seeing the pandas when I went before. Just loved them. When we went into the habitat, it was snack time.


The coloring of this guy's fur... beautiful in the sunlight.


This guy stuck his tongue out just as I was taking the photo. Talk about timing hehe.

Gotta love the expressions on Burrowing Owls.

It was a hot day. This meerkat knew how to lounge well.

Baby monkey!

Beautiful lizard... or was he a gecko... ugh, I don't remember!


It was quite hot. The big cats were all sleepy in the shade.


Such a handsome lion.

1 comment:

  1. Those are great pictures. I love zoos. WE did not see that one when we were up there years ago!

    ReplyDelete